Below are our library policies, please go over these with your student(s):
- Kindergarten students do not check out unless the kindergarten teacher desires them to do so and the book is kept at school in the classroom.
- First grade checks out only 1 book per week.
- Grades 2-6 may checkout 2 books at their RC level each week .
- Two renewals are allowed.
- Students may not check out new materials until overdue materials are returned.
- 1st week - Student is given a verbal reminder.
- 2nd week - A written notice is given.
- 3rd week - An overdue notice is sent home.
- 4th week - Phone call to parent/guardian
- Damaged or lost books must be reimbursed at our cost to replace it. A $5.00 fine for removal of any bar code or tampering of labels.
- At home..Keep books in a safe place where animals will not be able to chew them and out of reach of younger siblings.
- Remind your student to keep their water bottles outside of the backpack if they are bringing home a library book.
- Do not write or draw in books, use a BOOKMARK, don't bend pages.
- Do not repair books at home, we have special book tape here.
Remember, check out privileges will be lost due to non-returned items, fines not paid, and misbehavior in the library.